We are looking for a Legal Counsel (m/f/d) with experience in commercial law, corporate law, and data protection, preferably in an international context.
In this role, you will support all national and international stakeholders at DCMN as an “allrounder”. Your legal advice will support the business in different aspects, will follow best practices and will manage and mitigate potential risks and optimise business opportunities. Furthermore you will keep updated on the most recent legal developments and adopt them to your work and DCMN’s legal approach.
You will work in:
English(fluency required), German skills are a plus
How you will have an impact:
- Handle a wide range of legal matters independently (e.g. customer contracts, litigations, M&A, labour law, GDPR and data privacy)
- Cooperate closely with internal stakeholders from various departments within DCMN, advising of potential legal risks and recommending strategies to manage and minimize them, optimizing business opportunities, and proposing solid, robust and practical solutions to potential problems
- Connect with all external lawyers that currently support DCMN internationally, and take charge of regular communication with them
- Apply domestic and international commercial law to our business, and monitor the development of potential new laws
What will make you successful:
- You are either a fully qualified lawyer from at least one EU jurisdiction, or you are in possession of a university law degree (L.L.M. or equivalent is considered an asset)
- You have gained legal experience as in-house counsel, ideally in an international setting. Experience in the media field and/or with a fast-growing start-up is a big plus!
- You are a skilled negotiator and consider the overall business context when coming up with ideas and when making decisions
- You have built up an in-house legal team or department before, and have successfully implemented efficient systems & processes
- You have broad legal knowledge and approach your work in a pragmatic and solution-oriented way
- You are able to discuss and break down complex legal topics for various stakeholders (that often don't have a legal background)
- You enjoy being part of an international company and your communication style is proactive and open
Sounds like you? To start your application, simply click on the "Apply" button. For any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DCMN is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds. We believe that the celebration of diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enrich the learning and productivity within our business, and encourage that this is always the case.